Music for Universal Love, Peace & Non-Attachment
I love singing in the car and listening to music, however quite often I get irate at the lyrics that are normalised. My kids now just know if the following song comes on there will be a maternal rant:
I’ll take a bullet for you – Davy Suicide
What more can I do?
What more can I say?I’ll take the bullet
For the right to save the pure
I’ll fall down to my knees
I’ll give you anything you need
I’ll hold you close to me before the bomb explodes
And when our ashes turn to stone
I’ll be there for you. For you
Even profoundly lovely songs can surreptitiously slide into co-dependancy.
Someone you loved – Lewis Capadli
Now the day bleeds into nightfall
And you’re not here to get me through it all
I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved
So here are some songs that I’ve found that have a positive message of love, peace and non-attachment. Its ecclectic! If you are one of the young ones – please please send me some more modern stuff as it tends to be older folks music I’m finding!
- Anthem – Leonard Cohen
- Death with Dignity – Sufjan Stevens
- Thank U – Alanis Morrissette
- Constant Craving – KD Laing
- Wonderful World, Beautiful People – Jimmy Cliff
- Imagine – John Lennon
- Where is the Love – Black Eyed Peas
- Keep Loving – Nimo
- Beautiful – Nimo
- Graduation – Nimo
- Galileo – Indigo Girls
- The Chain of Love – Clay Walker
- A Love Song to the World – Grateful
- Do You realize? – Flaming Lips
- Feeling Yourself disintegrate – Flaming Lips
- Enlightenment – Van Morrison
- Universal Love – Edward Maya
- All Together Now – The Farm
- I Me Mine – The Beatles
- From a Distance – Bette Midler
- Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Caravan of Love – The House Martins
- Harvest for the World – The Isley Brothers
- What the World Needs Now – Dionne Warwick
- It Aint What You Do – Fun Boy Three
- I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing – New Seekers
- Morning Has Broken – Cat Stevens
- Bad Day – Daniel Powter
- (I’m Yours – Jason Mraz)
- Love Shine A Light
- Little Wonders – Rob Thomas
- Gardener – Rebecca Riots
- Refuge of the Road – Joni Mitchell
- Call it Dreaming – Iron & Wine
- All We Are – Matt Nathanson
- Dream – Forest of the Trees
- Waterfall – James
- Glassworks – Philip Glass… no lyrics, but couldn’t leave him out!
To enjoy some yoga inspiration and find out about new classes. Please subscribe!
I love singing in the car, dancing and listening to music, however quite often I get irate at the lyrics that are normalised. My kids now just know...
Yoga at Dartington I have been wanting to learn yoga with Angela Farmer for 15 years. In my teacher training we watched The Feminine Unfolding. I...
The Pleasure Principal Life is full of suffering. You need to go through pain to find somewhere new. These...
Sometime ago a woman came to class. She waddled in on crutches, late. Her pelvis had been giving her bother and she was laboured and tired. We had...
This is a teaching blog for Twinkl. It's aimed at teachers and how they can find ways of with challenging behaviour, however those of you with...
This article is about health and wellbeing in children and is aimed at teachers, so not really yoga, but it might be of interest to those of you who...
Like the baby below I sometimes feel like I'm bumping into an invisible wall. Sometimes the invisible wall fades away. This video says it...
Can Five Minutes, Spent Well, Rejuvenate You and Make You Feel Better? Here's a blog I've recently written for Twinkl. It's aimed at teachers but...
Love has many guises; parental, delectable, tempting, childlike, innocent, forbidden, respectful, free… the list goes on. Today I’d like to focus on...
Joy and suffering. Pleasure and pain. Laughter and tears. Sometimes life is really very full on. Sometimes you might feel that you're swirling...
This blog is aimed at teachers, but if you tend towards perfectionism there might be something in there for you too.
This blog gives ideas that you can use to share Valentine's Day with your class or own children. "Valentine's Day - the day when you get to tell...
Coconut oil is one of my favourites. I have coarse curly hair which just loves natural nourishment. It is good for skin, hair and insides. I use it...
Triangle pose is a fundamental yoga pose. It’s a classic. It works the legs, gently twists the spine and increases strength. Traditionally taught...
Living a low toxin life can feel very hard work. It takes time to source products you like and can feel like a big financial challenge. My aim is...