Being Over Weight
‘Being overweight, or obese affects your health in many ways. Finding ways to exercise and ideally loose weight are important. NHS exercise advice. It’s important to work with your body as it is now as well as planning for what you would like to do in the future. Being obese increases your risk of high blood pressure, heart problems and asthma so checking these pages for additional advice if they apply to you. Be careful with any pose that causes any sense of discomfort or leaves you feeling that your breath is not smooth.
Yoga can help by:
- Increasing movement and flexibility
- Causing natural balanced weight, over many years of practice.
- Reduce stress and increase feelings of positive body image which further adds to positive motivation.
- Take a smaller step and stretch less far
- Gradually increase your ability to practice
- Google big yoga to see how wonderful bigger bodies can be
- Start where you are today and enjoy today
- Do anything which causes your to become out of breath in yoga
- Make poses smaller and easier as you need to
- Most importantly do not compare yourself to other people. Go inside and ;listen to how you feel, it is the most important thing you can do
- Poses to exercise caution with: Don’t fold forwards, lie on your tummy, or your back if this inhibits you ability to breath easily. Consider taking the hands close but not linking them if this creates a feeling of congestion or crates strain in the back.