‘Low blood pressure is a reading of 90/60mmHg or less. It doesn’t always cause symptoms, but you may need treatment if it does. Get your blood pressure checked if you keep getting symptoms like: lightheadedness or dizziness, feeling sick, blurred vision, generally feeling weak, confusion, fainting. This might mean your blood pressure is too low.’
Yoga can help by:
- Improving blood flow in the body
The main concern is fainting or feeling off balance. Be careful with any pose that requires a change in ‘elevation?’ where you have to get higher or lower.
- Take breaks or go slowly between getting up or down
- Keep your fingers moving when standing for any length of time
- Have support near you should you feel woozy
- Poses to avoid: fast getting up or down