What is the ideal pose? How does it look & feel? And is it the same for everyone?
The directions towards are good dog pose are fairly easy…..
- Heels track straight back
- Knees are in line with feet
- Hands are straight forwards
- Head is in line with spine
- Pelvis is lengthened
- There is space at front of her body
- Elbows are rolling back
Finding the emotional signs for an ideal pose are more difficult. Some of the following keys might work for you
- Quiet alert
- Breathing easily & smoothly
- Face feels smooth, unlined, and relaxed
- It feels GOOD!
Your mental clarity and how you feel is far more important than how it looks on the outside. Your ideal pose might look nothing like the above one – and that’s OK. In fact its more than OK, it’ s great! We’re all different and we can celebrate that with our different dogs!