Music for Universal Love, Peace & Non-Attachment
I love singing in the car and listening to music, however quite often I get irate at the lyrics that are normalised. My kids now just know if the following song comes on there will be a maternal rant:
I’ll take a bullet for you – Davy Suicide
What more can I do?
What more can I say?I’ll take the bullet
For the right to save the pure
I’ll fall down to my knees
I’ll give you anything you need
I’ll hold you close to me before the bomb explodes
And when our ashes turn to stone
I’ll be there for you. For you
Even profoundly lovely songs can surreptitiously slide into co-dependancy.
Someone you loved – Lewis Capadli
Now the day bleeds into nightfall
And you’re not here to get me through it all
I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved
So here are some songs that I’ve found that have a positive message of love, peace and non-attachment. Its ecclectic! If you are one of the young ones – please please send me some more modern stuff as it tends to be older folks music I’m finding!
- Anthem – Leonard Cohen
- Death with Dignity – Sufjan Stevens
- Thank U – Alanis Morrissette
- Constant Craving – KD Laing
- Wonderful World, Beautiful People – Jimmy Cliff
- Imagine – John Lennon
- Where is the Love – Black Eyed Peas
- Keep Loving – Nimo
- Beautiful – Nimo
- Graduation – Nimo
- Galileo – Indigo Girls
- The Chain of Love – Clay Walker
- A Love Song to the World – Grateful
- Do You realize? – Flaming Lips
- Feeling Yourself disintegrate – Flaming Lips
- Enlightenment – Van Morrison
- Universal Love – Edward Maya
- All Together Now – The Farm
- I Me Mine – The Beatles
- From a Distance – Bette Midler
- Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Caravan of Love – The House Martins
- Harvest for the World – The Isley Brothers
- What the World Needs Now – Dionne Warwick
- It Aint What You Do – Fun Boy Three
- I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing – New Seekers
- Morning Has Broken – Cat Stevens
- Bad Day – Daniel Powter
- (I’m Yours – Jason Mraz)
- Love Shine A Light
- Little Wonders – Rob Thomas
- Gardener – Rebecca Riots
- Refuge of the Road – Joni Mitchell
- Call it Dreaming – Iron & Wine
- All We Are – Matt Nathanson
- Dream – Forest of the Trees
- Waterfall – James
- Glassworks – Philip Glass… no lyrics, but couldn’t leave him out!
To enjoy some yoga inspiration and find out about new classes. Please subscribe!
Warrior 1 is also known as Virabhadrasana 1. It's a lovely pose that will help you steady and focus - so perfect for starting the New Year well! I...
Living lightly, being gentle on the environment and staying healthy are very important to me. For me it is a part of yoga - finding things that feel...
Doing yoga at IKEA was really inspiring.Sometimes people think yoga is only for the flexible ones and I was excited to be invited to do this...
Some of you may know I have some loves, and one of my other loves is surfing. Yoga keeps me flexible and healthy, it soothes my spirit and focuses...
Your breath is probably the most useful thing you have to guide you in your practise. It will tell you to push further and when to hold back, It...
2016 has greeted us, so far wet, windy and mild. At this time of year I like to review the previous year and think of aims for the following year....
Hayley Price brought the concept of muscles acting like elastic bands at a recent up at yoga workshop. She was describing how when muscles are...
Stress is the experiences where there seems to much to do, not enough time, not enough clarity, not enough 'you' and everything feels out of...
Get your feet on the ground Place your feet on the ground, now imagine your toes are softly lengthened along teh floor as the body of your foot gets...
'Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured' B.K.S. Iyengar This is a very famous quote from BKS Iyengar. He...
Labeling your emotions can help you feel better. When you feel a surge of emotion say to yourself 'this is anger', 'this is anxiety', 'this is...
Life is full of celebrations, usually times when we get together with a group of people, share food and chat. Celebrations can also be reminders to...
I read a good article on the 'Oprah' website. It gave a good introduction to fascia and its affects on our bodies. Fascia is a connective tissue...
“A drunken monkey stung by a scorpion” is an often repeated description of the mind. It lurches and spins from thought to thought, dwelling on the...
Yoga is known for mind-body benefits such as reducing stress and flexibility. Scientists have found impressive results for it's effect on more...